Saturday, March 26, 2011

Banana Bread

I learned a very important lesson today. Make sure you have all of your ingredients before going to bake something. You'll hear more on that tomorrow.


Today, its all about banana bread! Anika loves bananas, so we always have some in the house. Well a few of our bananas were starting to go bad which always means banana bread! I haven't found my perfect recipe for it, but this one comes pretty close!


Banana Bread
Adapted from here.
4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted best life butter
1 cup sugar
1 ener-g egg replacer egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 t baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas and then combine with the butter. Add sugar, egg replacer and vanilla to banana mixture. Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the top. Combine flour until just combined. Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.











As with all my breads, I put a little butter on top. I just love the way it shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment