Monday, March 28, 2011

Breadsticks!!

One of my favorite restaurants used to be Pizza Hut. I loved their breadsticks. It seems like my goal lately has been to recreate all of my favorite foods into dairy free versions at home. I found a great recipe online for these breadsticks and while they don't taste the same, they still taste great! Gabe practically begs me to make these anytime we have spaghetti.

Pizza Hut Style Breadsticks
Modified from this recipe.

1 1/3 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil
About 4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp instant yeast

Combine in order into bread machine. Once done roll out with rolling pin and place on greased cookie sheet. Cut into desired sizes.



Topping
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp oregano
butter

Melt the butter and spread on dough, sprinkle with topping and let rise for about an hour. Bake for 12-15 minutes 350 degrees.


Enjoy!

3 comments: