Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vegan Pancakes

In April of last year Gabe and I were house sitting for a family member, we had just woke up and didn't know what to eat for breakfast. We finally settled on pancakes, looked through the cabinets and there was no pancake mix. So I pulled up a recipe through google. I had NO idea that pancakes took so much work. I had to separate the egg and egg white, fluff the egg whites, Stir for exactly 60 seconds. Honestly it just wasn't worth it.

Fast forward 9 months later. Another morning that we wake up and want pancakes. But we eat vegan now, so I had to find a vegan pancake recipe. I am so glad that I did! These pancakes are amazing, and SO easy!

Vegan Pancakes
Recipe adapted from here. 
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar or honey
Salt
I use a griddle so that I can make more pancakes at once. Preheat the griddle to 300 degrees.

In large bowl combine flour, baking soda, sugar and dash of salt. I usually use a whisk to stir it to help get all the clumps out of the baking powder. Then add 1 cup of milk. Stir until just combined. Now its time to cook them. I use 1/4 measuring cup to get the perfect size pancakes.


Its ready to flip over once it has bubbles and the edges look a little dry. 




I made a double batch this time. They are perfect for freezing. Gabe always leaves for work early so its easy for him to just pop some in the toaster and go.

I am so obsessed with these pancakes that I eat them for breakfast almost every morning. When I was younger pancakes were a special treat. These pancakes make it easy to have a great breakfast any day of the week!



What's your favorite pancake topping? Do you have to have pure maple syrup on your pancakes? I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment