Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patricks Day!

First, Welcome to my blog!! And Second, Happy St Patrick's Day! I know the title already says it but saying it once more couldn't hurt.

My husband, daughter and I were walking along the aisles of Wal-Mart this evening when I got a serious craving to make something. I probably should have made something healthy, but decided to make cookies.

GREEN COOKIES!
This recipe is modified from Toll House Original Chocolate Chip Cookies, but they are BETTER! (In my opinion)

1 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (Ener-G egg replacer)
2 1/4 flour

1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
Tiny bit of almond milk (or which ever milk you prefer)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (more if you desire)

375 degrees for 9-10 minutes


In small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In larger bowl combine shortening, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla. (If you want to make them green just add green food coloring!) Stir until creamy, may be thick. Make 2 eggs out of egg replacer. Add to sugar mixture. If using eggs, omit milk at the end. Once combined slowly add in flour mixture. If you used egg replacer it should be very thick, I always add a small amount (maybe 3 tbsp) of almond milk to help mix. Then add chocolate chips.


If you do make them, I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.


I have to say it again HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!!!

3 comments: