Friday, March 25, 2011

Made from the heart.

I have no idea what has come over me. But I want to make EVERYTHING by hand.

I don't know why I want to make everything from scratch though. I can't wait until it gets warmer outside. I want to try to make tomato sauce from scratch. It would be even better if I could grow the tomatoes myself.

I guess its because of the feeling you get when someone eats something you made from scratch and they tell you how great it is. I just love it!

One of my favorite meals to make (and eat!) is my black bean burgers with homemade buns and french fries! Hopefully I'll be sharing that next week.

A few things I want to try to make from scratch are noodles, ketchup, barbecue sauce, and ice cream. I can't wait to share with all of you my adventures of making foods from scratch!

My amazing friend over at knitting with chopsticks posted about making a pumpkin pie from scratch and you can bet that come fall I will be making that pie! I may actaully try pumpkin pie! Yes, I'm crazy, I hear it all the time "You've never had pumpkin pie!?!?" Well I haven't. Up until last year I'd only ever had chocolate pie. Last year I tried apple pie, which was amazing!

A few meals that are made from scratch.





Weird fact about me: With certain things, cookies for example, I like to stir by hand, its kind of a weird thing and my hand is always killing me by the end but I just don't really like using a mixer.

I made all these cookies without using a mixer, it was for Christmas. I think there was about 20 dozen total! Gabe ended up taking most of them to work. When they were all gone his co-workers were so sad.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those cookies look AMAZING!!! And seriously?! Homemade hamburger buns? I'm so excited about your future posts! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I want cookies now. Mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete